Ideal as part of a delicious cooked breakfast. These Vegan beans are a great change from the classic baked bean.
- 50ml oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 200g Aubergine, diced (2)
- 20g garlic puree (4 cloves)
- 100g tomato purée
- 10g smoked paprika
- 5g dried thyme
- 30g brown sugar
- 1kg of drained canned cannellini beans
- 500ml Prepared Vegetable Bouillon
- 500g tinned chopped tomatoes
- black pepper and salt to season
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the tomato purée, paprika, thyme and brown sugar and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the beans, bouillon and chopped tomatoes, and simmer for at least 30 minutes, until the mixture is piping hot and the sauce has thickened.
- Season generously with black pepper.