Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 75g butter
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5kg butternut squash, peeled and 1cm diced
- 50g plain flour
- 1 litre milk
- 40g vegetable bouillon or 2 stock cubes
- 1 kg fresh spinach, washed and wilted
- 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 400g grated cheddar cheese
- 400g fresh lasagne sheets
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a large pan melt the butter, add the onion, garlic and butternut squash and cook for about five minutes so the butternut squash starts to colour. Add the flour and stir.
- Gradually add milk, stirring so it makes a smooth sauce. Add the bouillon to flavour and season the sauce.
- Add the wilted spinach and sage and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and add half of the grated cheese.
- Build your lasagne in a lightly greased oven proof dish, starting with a thin layer of butternut and spinach sauce, followed by lasagne sheets and then again with the sauce. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Top the lasagne with the remaining cheese and bake at 180C for about 40 minutes or until golden and the pasta is soft.